OUR ADVANTAGES FOR BECOMING
A EUROPEAN LEADER IN THE BIOECONOMY
With a rich network of competent operators, abundant and diverse resources and high-potential business sectors, the Hauts-de-France region holds all the cards for becoming a European leader in the bioeconomy by 2025.
Operators are active throughout the value chain
- 27,000 farmers
- Seed producers
- Sector-leading companies
- Competitiveness clusters
- Technological platforms
Abundant and diverse resources
- 2 million hectares of land devoted to agriculture and 450,000 hectares to forestry
- A vast seaboard
- A geographical position at the heart of Europe with highly committed neighbouring partners
- Significant potential, for partnerships to be established in France and Europe (the Châlons Bio-Pact, the European Vanguard network…)
Sectors with the potential to establish positions of genuine leadership
- Largest agri-food region in France.
- Largest automotive region.
- Largest railways region.
- Global leaders in biotechnologies
- Largest region in the processing and commercialisation of seafood products.
- A pioneering region in the insects sector