Food & animal feed
- Chamtor S.A.
- Food Holland B.V.
- Walloon Agricultural Research Center
- EUROFINS ANALYTICS FRANCE
- Ajinomoto Animal Nutrition Europe
- Quantis Sàrl
- PNO Consultants SAS
- Skretting Aquaculture Research Centre AS
- VIRBAC NUTRITION SAS
- COMPO France SAS
- Industrial Biotechnology Cluster 2021 e.V.
- Stowarzyszenie Zachodniopomorski Klaster Chemiczny “Zielona Chemia”
- Association Industries et Agroressources (IAR)
- CEAEA (Atomic and Alternative Energy Commission)
- ULMA Manutencion S. Coop.
- MIGUEL TORRES, S.A.
- TGC EXTRUSION SARL
The world is confronted by a major challenge with the rising demand for meat and fish between now and 2050, in the face of which current production modes, whether in agriculture, aquaculture or fishing, cannot be maintained in a sustainable fashion. An innovative solution to the threatened lack of resources, especially proteins, lays in the production and processing of beetles, which can provide a serious response. However, industrial-scale production of products derived from beetles is yet to take place.
Coordinated by Ÿnsect, the objective of the Farmÿng project is to carry out large-scale industrialisation of the farming and processing of the Tenebrio molitor beetle, producing high-end proteins for animal feed. It will therefore be the world’s first high-end proteins sector, biobased and sustainable, to meet the worldwide demand that continues to rise.
The Farmÿng technology is already operational at the first Ÿnsect site in Dole, with maximum production capacity of 1,000 tonnes per annum. Farmÿng will optimise the whole process in its future plant in Poulainville, near Amiens, and will increase production to 70,000 tonnes of fertiliser per annum.